Not sure what to do with your coffee grinds once you have used them to make a cup of plunger, filter or pod coffee? Coffee grounds are an amazing source of organic material, that can help your plants survive and thrive by providing them with many minerals they require for optimum health.
- Coffee grinds are also acidic, so they are particularly useful in alkaline soils.
- Coffee grinds add nitrogen to the soil
- Coffee grinds can act as a great mulch, helping to retain water.
- Be careful, particularly with pot plants, not to add too much as the soils might become too acidic (this depends on the type of plant).
- Coffee grounds can be added to your compost along with other nutrient-rich material, such as organic food waste.